Out of sight, out of mind right? Wrong. Having your natural gas appliances serviced by a qualified natural gas contractor has numerous benefits. FortisBC advises that these benefits include:
- Leak detection – an inspection can detect even the slightest leak in your gas piping.
- Warranty – some manufacturers require regular servicing to ensure your warranty remains valid.
- Efficiency – using a combustion analyzer, a gas contractor can test to see if your furnace is operating as efficiently as possible.
- Safety – a gas contractor will inspect the area around your appliances to ensure there is proper ventilation and that no combustibles are nearby.
- Air quality – a gas contractor can check your furnace filter, show you how to replace it and recommend how often.
According to Arpi’s Industries, an HVAC company there are many benefits to preventative maintenance on all furnaces including:
A system that receives regular service is a clean, well-functioning system. Without buildup on the internal components, a furnace is able to operate at peak capacity. Maintenance helps to ensure that the system will operate as it was designed to.
Improved Energy Savings
When a furnace cycles on, unhindered by buildup and at top capacity, it doesn’t waste fuel. With smart energy use, you increase the energy savings from your furnace each month. That means more money in your bank account to spend on other, more important things.
When a furnace system is well cared for, it experiences less wear and tear. As a result, all of the furnace’s components last longer. In general, experts agree that giving a furnace consistent, quality service will extend its life, often by at least three years. That makes investing in preventive maintenance a no-brainer, because you recoup the costs through this avenue, as well as others.
When a furnace isn’t maintained each year, its components eventually wear out, and that leads to unnecessary, and completely avoidable repairs. While maintenance won’t guarantee that you won’t have to repair the system, it goes a long way toward helping you avoid it.
Regular maintenance, with all of the above benefits, will culminate in a more comfortable home. With a well-tuned system, your comfort increases due to its efficiency and extended lifespan. In addition, maintenance helps to advance good indoor air quality, increasing your comfort exponentially.
Each Thursday, we will feature a blog entry about energy efficient new homes, covering a range of topics from building innovations to ratings systems to “score” your home’s efficiency. Subscribe to theDrummondHousePlans blog to make sure you get the latest news on how to make your new or renovated home energy efficient.