▪ Healthier indoor air means comfort, better health and peace of mind for the family.
▪ Durable, reduced-maintenance materials mean a longer life for the home and long term savings.
▪ Preserving natural resources means leaving more for future generations to enjoy.
A Built Green™ home certification offers participating builders an excellent way to distinguish themselves in the marketplace. Market research shows that consumers take environmental concerns and long-term energy costs into consideration when making purchasing decisions. Builders can demonstrate their environmental leadership by participating in Built Green™ and produce a great home.
Each Thursday, we will feature a blog entry about energy efficient new homes, covering a range of topics from building innovations to ratings systems to “score” your home’s efficiency. Subscribe to the DrummondHousePlans blog to make sure you get the latest news on how to make your new or renovated home energy efficient.
Informing and educating the home-buying public on the value of a home that meets Built Green™ standards are one of the primary undertakings of the program. An informed buyer will recognize the value of greater energy efficiency, healthier indoor air, reduced water usage, and improved comfort.
Sustainable building practices go beyond energy and water conservation, resource efficient building materials and superior indoor environmental quality.
Some of the key benefits are:
▪ Lower electric and water utility costs
▪ Environmentally effective use of building materials
▪ Enhanced health and productivity
▪ Long-term economic returns
▪ Reduced environmental impact