You’re about to build the home of your dreams? Take advantage and give it a touch of blue to improve your comfort and quality of life.
Known for its comfort and effectiveness, natural gas is present in more than 200 residential projects in Quebec. The advantages are numerous:
Wall to wall comfort
Not only is it energy, it is the peak of comfort and peace of mind you dream of. The blue flame enlivens your home and adds a plus in each room: more heat, more pleasure, less work.
A reliable resource
Natural gas is delivered to you by continuous subterranean lines; you’ll never have to worry about the whims of Mother Nature for your deliveries. And, in case of power failure, many appliances can still function. Practical and reassuring, isn’t it?
Gaz Métro has different offers available to facilitate integration of the blue in your home. Here is a glance of financial aid granted:
• $1750 for the purchase and installation of a hot air high-efficiency heating unit (Energy Star rated) and a water heater;
• $100 per outlet for each natural gas appliance, such as a range, dryer, fireplace, barbecue, pool warmer
• $30 for a programmable thermostat.
A friendly word of advice
The integration of natural gas into your new home should be done as soon as your choice of architectural plans is made. From the beginning of your project, you should have a representative for new construction from Gaz Métro involved. The consultant can guide you through the steps as your project advances.
Good to know
In order to integrate natural gas into your home, it is of utmost importance to choose a central heating system. As you draw up your home plans, plan openings for heating and the location of the mechanical room in the basement.
Here is a glance of steps to follow for a blue home:
1. Access to gas lines: The first step consists in ensuring that natural gas lines pass at less than 30 meters of your future home. Contact Gaz Métro customer service at 1 800 567-1313 for more information.
2. Implicate Gaz Métro : Your representative for new construction at Gaz Métro can refer you to a heating professional who is a Certified Gaz Métro Partner. These professionals are independent contractors, members of the Corporation des maîtres mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec, and are subject to most rigorous quality controls.
3. Connecting your home: Construction is coming along well, your heating system is installed and connection of gas lines to your appliances is complete (water heater, range, dryer, fireplace, barbecue, pool heater) Expect about 6 weeks for Gaz Métro to proceed with connection of your home to the main gas lines. Once this is completed, gas will be brought into your home by your Gaz Métro Authorized Partner jointly with a Gaz Métro technician.
All that is left to do is take advantage of the soft comfort provided by natural gas. For more information, visit www.gazmetro.com