Green living and green design are about living in harmony with our environment. Feng Shui is about living in balance and harmony with your environment. Feng Shui has been green all along!
Feng Shui is the oldest form of holistic healing and that is healing through your environment.
What better day than today to learn more about Feng Shui and how it can help you create a living space that not only looks good, but a living space that feels good and is good for the environment. Energetically, all things are connected and through conscious choice and awareness we can improve the quality of our life and the quality of life on earth.
Today we have options and choices in all areas of our life that don’t compromise our sense of style, our sense of taste or our sense of self. We can be who we are and embrace a way of living that is more supportive and beneficial for our health and well being as well as the health and well being of the planet.
Top 10 Feng Shui tips for Green Living
- Bring reusable bags to the grocery store instead of using paper or plastic bags.
- Start a personal recycling program. Newspaper and boxes are an easy first step!
- Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Replace your old incandescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL) with the newest safest energy efficient light emitting diode bulbs (LED).
- Buy locally grown fruits and vegetables (saves on fuel, packaging and more!)
- Group errands together to save fuel (one trip vs. many).
- Pay bills online – saves on paper use and fuel use.
- Use low or no VOC paint for your next painting project.
- Replace your household cleaning products with green cleaning products.
- Incorporate the principles of Feng Shui into your life and create an environment that looks and feels good – and is good for you!
In this world, we are all connected. What we do impacts not only the quality of our life; it affects the quality of life of those around us. All we have to do to change the quality of life around us, is to begin to change how we choose to live our lives.
Read the full article for tips on green products to enhance chi in your home…
Article used with permission © 2010 Harmony Life, LLC by Laurie Bornstein
Feng Shui Lifestyle articles, tips and conversation